Monday, November 30, 2009

Where is the Comparison?


Ok here's a question for you. Why is Nick Jonas going solo? And the name of the band...Nick Jonas and The Administration. What is this? Sure, it was probably bound to happen eventually what with his oldest brother getting married and Joe being busy breaking hearts, but ALREADY? He is only 17 years old and the Jonas Brothers have only been relevant for 2 years. I would take this more seriously if it were a decade later and no one heard of the JoBros anymore ala Taylor Hanson and Tinted Windows. The kid is too young to be taken seriously as a solo artist. His voice still cracks and strains and he is nowhere as skilled in his guitar chops as he needs to be to be a respected solo artist. I'm hearing that this new album, Who I Am, is a seventies blue-eyed soul and more mellow sound than that of the Jonas Brothers and Jonas is even being compared by some to John Mayer. WHAT?! Something just doesn't sit right with me with this. And another thing that has been bothering me about this kid. What's with his "murse"? He seems to always have a brown satchel slung around his shoulder. Um....
I guess before I pass any true judgement on the matter I should listen to the album in its entirety. Or at least wait until Wednesday night to see his performance on the Grammy Nominations Concert. So what does this mean for poor Joe Jonas? Kevin will be busy making babies, Nick will be busy touring and promoting his new album, and Joe will be.....

No comments:

Post a Comment